The Autistic Self Advocacy Network has created a new online group for autistic teenagers and would like to invite interested people to participate. More details below:
A new yahoo group has been created exclusively for adolescents and teens on the autism spectrum, offering an opportunity for autistic adolescents and teens to interact in a supportive, autistic-friendly internet environment. The group is sponsored by the Autistic Self-Advocacy Network, an international non-profit organization run by and for autistic adults and youth, working to advance neurodiversity, disability rights and autistic culture.
1. To join you must be on the autism spectrum (self-diagnosed individuals are welcome) and at least 13 years of age.
2. Be respectful of your fellow list members.
3. Do not repost messages outside of the list.
4. If you have a question, feel free to ask.
5. Do not engage in personal attacks against other list members.
The list will be closely moderated by adults from the Autistic Self Advocacy Network to ensure that all list content remains legal, age-appropriate, free of spam and solicitation, and in compliance with the group rules.
To join the group, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ASANTeens , click the "Join this group" button, and follow the instructions.For more information, contact list moderator Dora Raymaker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please pass this information along to any adolescents and teens you know who would be interested!